Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I Cannot Believe I Have Been in the MTC for a Month

This week has been an interesting one that's for sure.

I'll share the fun story first. So I mentioned last week that I was kind of sick...well it got a little worse and my eyes started getting SUPER red and after a couple of days of looking like I had Pink Eye my left one started to get swollen....so Saturday I went to the clinic at the MTC and guess what... THEY ARE CLOSED! WHAT?! So I went to the front desk to ask them what I could do and they said they would call the doctor and ask his opinion. Long story short I ended up at BYU Urgent Care. We got to walk there and since it was homecoming week there was a parade and tons of people. Real people. And MUSIC. It was so foreign to me...hahaha But I guess I have some virus that attacks my eyes my throat and my lungs so they have me on some medication to dry up my sinus and my throat trying to keep it out of my lungs and then to keep me from looking like I have some serious pink eye I have been taking 800mg of Ibuprofen every 4 hours....haha Like I said it's been interesting. 

We had a really good week with our investigators. We got Johnatan to keep some commitments and he prayed in a couple of our lessons, super cool! Jose is just a solid guy. He is progressing so well. Olga has been the most interesting one, but the last lesson we taught with her went really well she prayed too, which was a HUGE step. It's so cool to see these people's lives change. 

Classes are getting crazy. We are starting to get into some nitty gritty grammar concepts that I can barely grasp in English...we have a lot of study resources that are super helpful and I've been using those a lot more. I'm so glad I have a long plane ride that I can study all this stuff...If all my VISA stuff works out in less than 2 weeks I will be in Argentina! It doesn't seem real that I have already been out for a whole month! That went by so fast. 

I love getting letters and packages. Eryka and Drew sent me one yesterday and I was so happy. I read the card and started crying. They are so sweet! I hope all is well with them in Brazil and I got one from Roxy too.

Oh and my district and I LOVE the Krispy Kreme delivery and the homemade popcorn was a huge hit. Thanks mom, you're the best. I don't think I have the physical capability to eat all the food I have in my room right now...I guess I will have to make room for it in my suitcase and take it to Argentina! 

Every Tuesday and Sunday there is a Devotional and someone from the Church comes to speak. Yesterday Elder Carlos Godoy of the 70 came. (He is the guy that spoke in Portuguese in General Conference)  He gave and amazing talk and it helped me so much. Since English isn't his primary language he was struggling at some points with pronunciation and stuff and he took the time to say that as missionaries we shouldn't be worried about being fluent it will come, we just need to be worthy of the spirit and it was so true. I'm so so so happy I got to see him speak before I left for Argentina; it made me feel so much better. 

Oh and I've got some other good news! Say hello to the newest Sister Training Leader. (I got called on Sunday) It's kind of like being a zone leader but I'm just in charge of the sisters. So it's not quite as big as a responsibility. We have a new district coming in today that I get to spend sometime with tonight so I'm super excited to get to know them and help them out! I know how stressful my first day/night/week here was. 

I love you all and thank you so so much for all your love and support! 

Love Always, 
Hermana Barker

xoxo



Just hanging out in the dorm with Hermana Gibson (my awesome companion)



Early Christmas, just in case the rumors are true and you really cannot successfully receive packages in Argentina



Krispy Kreme doughnuts for all - Called 2 Serve actually delivers these to us at the MTC!


Ritz crackers & spray cheese - you have got to have it


It is so cool to be able to go to the Temple twice a week



No comments:

Post a Comment