Total Pageviews

Monday, March 30, 2015

I'm Going to Change My Name to Sofia!

Everything we do, call a cab, order food, send mail, we need to give a name and NO ONE understands Hermana Barker, so then I say Brooke...I think that´s worse here. So I have just started going by Sofía hahaha. My companion even bought me a keychain that says Sofia. 

AHHH I am finally legal in Argentina! We did trámites on Friday... Longest day of my life... We had to go to Bahía Thursday night, we slept there. Woke up at 5 to go wait at the immigrations building...(It was sooo sooo cold) we waited outside until 8 then we went inside and there were like ten of us doing trámites so we were there for 2-hours, then we walked 5 blocks to take our pictures at a little kiosk, then got in cabs and went to another immigration building on the other side of the city (very ineffective system). We got there at like noon and we were there doing paper work until 4pm! AHHH! Anyway after all that we went to Subway for lunch...AND WE´RE LEGAL! (We only had 90 day Visa’s when we got here so I was illegal for like 100 days...haha whoops).

Herman Greene just brushing her teeth as we wait in immigration

When we were in Bahía we stayed with 4 other Hermanas and one of them was looking at my photos and erased everything I had on the card...It was all my pictures from this transfer and the last...that was super sad but I just need to start taking more! haha. I think I was very tired because I was SUPER calm about it.

The last few weeks have been super weird here in Punta Alta. We haven´t had any light or power in the church for 3 weeks now Sacrament is a little less reverent than I think it should be but it´s just a constant reminder that I´m in Argentina. There are 2 wards here and 4 missionaries in both wards so in total we are 8...this last week every single one of us was sick...

Part of me and my companion´s problem was that we ate armadillo...yupp. There are pictures don´t worry. It was a TON of fat...but it was interesting. It didn´t really taste, bad but after we did not feel good...AT ALL. We didn´t get sick so we successfully held down Armadillo too, but I wouldn´t advise anyone to try it...haha #onlyinArgentina.

ARMADILLO - YUMMM












Everything that is yellow is fat.
No - we do not eat the fat!







Damian is excited to eat it!


Anyway to end everything on a high note... FOR REALS THIS TIME. 

SOFIA IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!! 

This Friday. She wants her Uncle to baptize her but he got called to work this weekend in Buenos Aires so he couldn´t really make it...haha anyway, THIS FRIDAY! She was in church yesterday handing out all of her invitations it was so dang cute. The highlight of my week came from her. We were teaching the Plan of Salvation and after we had taught it all I asked her, ¨What do you like most about the plan that God has for each and everyone of us?” She paused for a couple seconds and she got teary eyed and told us ¨It´s perfect, I know that he loves me and my family.¨ 

I can testify of the words of Sofia Fragapane. God loves each and every one of us and because of the grace of his son Jesus Christ each and every one of us can and will live again. I read a talk this week that I absolutely loved by Brad Wilcox he said ¨Jesus Christ doesn´t make up the difference. Jesus Christ makes all the difference. Grace is not about filling gaps. It is about filling us¨

I know that the grace of our Savior and Redeemer is sufficient for each and everyone of us. I know Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us. I love the people here and the opportunity I have to serve them but more than anything I love this gospel. 

As always thank you for all your love support and prayers! I love you all. 

Always,
Hermana Barker


xoxo 

Beautiful Silvia came to Church this week - she is making so much progress


No comments:

Post a Comment